Saturday, June 23, 2018

Feels Like a Dream

On this path I walk right here today
Unknown to me on a cloudy day
Buildings look like midday castles
Along my freedom street I avoid all the hassles


As I venture on and beyond not where
Forgot the path that took me here
I’ll end up where I had started
Sun shines between some clouds that have parted


So many building shades one in purple I have spotted
Restaurant stay here which many banks have dotted
There’s a stormy feel that is in the air
Quite gloomy though there is no despair


It’s like a painter’s world though not filled with pain
And now it’s overcast like it’s about to rain
City scenery like a bygone cast
It’s just a moment still and it will not last


People here they’re going on their way
Going everywhere but I will not stay
It’s just a different day I feel I’m passing through
And ever changing world but it’s still not new


What I meant to say it’s like an altered state
Another giving day I did not create
Although I am awake on this afternoon
Now the raindrops fall on this day in June


The circling clouds cast shadows on trees
The winds stir emotions do what you please
Still all in all is it how it should seem
No ordinary day feels like a dream

No comments: