Saturday, June 23, 2018

Young and Beautiful

I am not afraid
And I don’t care
I am with the one
There’s no cross to bear


All I know
I can’t explain
The things I saw
I will refrain


His mane is dark as night
Strands are long and sleek
The way he’s standing there
There are no words to speak


Brown eyes are nestled there
They seem to see me through
He has a certain air
I don’t know what to do


Warm heart with open arms
So strong and capable
Colossal everywhere
Young and beautiful


The shadow on his face
He is in his prime
If you gaze and look at me
I’ll gaze a thousand times


More than a pretty face
You must be all the rage
An epitome perfect storybook
I cannot turn the page


There are just so many
That I must cull
Don’t make the grade
Young and beautiful


So meek yet statuesque
So humbled by your name
No one could own it quite like you
No one else is quite the same


You’re somewhere in between
Where I need a lull
I’ll chance my fate
Young and beautiful

No comments: