Tuesday, November 3, 2015



Tenerife, Spain

Flying through the sky
Sailing along way up here
Just down there below me
Fluffy white filled puffs of air

Traveling to an island
Where I’ve never been before
Don’t know what awaits me
Never been through this door

There’s an international rhythm
That I notice in this land
Cars not people move swiftly
And a language I understand

Where I walk there are no traces
Like back home I tread concrete
Images replace those cracked crevices
There are tiles below my feet

Terracotta graces the rooftops
Bright white siding far and wide
Jewel tone blue waters
Are seen from every side

The heavens are vast and flowing
Colors seem to burst from the sun
Many have seen this before me
I am not the only one

I have never touched a rainbow
After the sky pours out the rain
I want to touch the mountains
That I see here in Spain

As I stand here on this balcony
Coming to visit my friend
In God’s country at Los Geranios
This cloud ceiling has no end

Feeling this warm temperature
Taking its time each day
Though I am just a foreigner
From thousands of miles away

So yes I’ve come to see you
These views beyond belief
The places I’ve explored
I am in love with Tenerife

No comments: