Sunday, October 16, 2016



Horses

I’m high in the saddle

Traveling along a stream

Atop my pretty pony

More than I could dream



I’ve got mountains and moonlight

Enough to make me smile

I’ve got the longest view

That I haven't seen in a while



I’m with all the pretty horses

With all their big brown eyes

And it momentarily forces

An unexpected sweet surprise



A sky like a clear blue ocean

Nearly more than I can stand

Right now just filled with emotion

That stretches across the land



I like the big black mares

Running wild and so free

Their flowing manes without a care

Their spirit’s just like me



I like the raring stallion

Running wild and so untamed

I too am like the stallion

So here is where I came



To be with all these pretty horses

Freed from the confines of their pen

To gallop ever so effortlessly

Just to return back there again



I watch from my favorite vista

They seem to breeze through uncharted courses

But they truly know their way

As if guided by unseen forces



I’m high in the saddle

An unending stampede of resources

That tells me I am where I belong

With all the pretty horses

No comments: